Joel Hamilton is a Grammy and Latin Grammy nominated Brooklyn-based record producer, engineer, musician, and co-owner of Studio G Brooklyn with partners Tony Maimone and Chris Cubeta. Joel performs as a musician with Sasha Dobson and the band Book of Knots.
Some of Joel’s credits include:
- Producer, Mixing and Engineer of Highly Suspect 2016 Grammy nominated album "Mister Asylum" as well as 2016 Grammy nominated song "Lydia"
- Producer, Mixing, and Engineer of Highly Suspect "The boy who died wolf" including the 2017 Grammy nominated song "My name is human."
- Engineering, Mixing, Drums, and Additional production: Pretty Lights Grammy nominated album “A Color Map of the Sun.”
- Co-Writer and Producer of the Tom Waits song “Pray” performed with Joel’s band Book Of Knots, and re-released on Tom Waits’ “Orphans” album (Anti).
- Co-Producer, Engineer and mixer with The Black Keys on the album “BlackRoc” (V2)
- Mixer and recording engineer, for Gaby Moreno’s album “Postales” (Metamorfosis) Winner, Best New artist, Latin Grammys 2013
- Mixer, Iggy Pop with The Plastic Ono Band’s song “Waiting For The D Train” (Chimera)
- Engineering and mixing for Bomba Estereo’s “Elegancia Tropical,” nominated for Best Alternative Music Album, Latin Grammy 2013
- Mixed Matisyahu’s “Live at Stubb’s, Volume 2” (MRI)
- Mixed Jolie Holland’s “The Living and The Dead” (Anti) and “Pint of Blood” (Anti)
- Co-Produced, Engineered and Mixed Dub Trio’s “Another Sound Is Dying” (Ipecac/ ROIR), and all the other Dub Trio releases.
- Produced and Mixed Marc Ribot and Ceramic Dog’s “Party Intellectuals”
- Produced, Engineered and Mixed Inner Party System’s self titled album (Island, Stolen Transmission)
- Produced, Engineered and Mixed The Unsane: Blood Run (Relapse)
- Produced, Engineered and Mixed “The Giraffes” (Razor & Tie)
- Engineering: Sparklehorse “It’s a Wonderful Life,” (Capitol Records) and “Dreamt for Lightyears in the Belly of a Mountain” (Astralwerks/ EMI)
- Sound Design Engineer and programming for Elvis Costello’s cover of Linda Perry’s song “Beautiful” for the TV series “House” (episode: autopsy) also on HOUSE MD soundtrack album (nettwork)
- Joel has also mixed the critically acclaimed independent film “Charlie, Victor, Romeo,” which premiered as the official selection of the New Frontiers installation at The Sundance Film Festival in 2013.
- Joel Has worked with Aaron Neville, Lettuce, HIghly Suspect, Puss-N-Boots, and many more this year.
Joel has been a guest speaker and panelist at:
- Nordic Music Week, Norway (2012 and 2013)
- Pot Luck Con., Tucson (2012)
- AES Latin America (2011)
- Tape Op Con., New orleans/Tucson (2006/2007/2008)
- Many others including many universities and schools worldwide
- More info HERE